- What’s behind the rebound in commission-based business done by financial advisors during 2009?
- Are investors’ actions and purchases signaling any changes in their longer-term risk appetite?
- Going forward, which strategies and funds will benefit in meeting this investor demand?
These questions and more are addressed in the latest edition of the SI-Coates National BD Distribution Opportunities report series and will be continued areas of focus in our 2010 reports.
If you’re not already getting this action-oriented research, contact us to find out how you too can stay ahead of the curve in National BD distribution in 2010 with quarterly analysis of $200 billion+ in annual sales data.
Learn more about how this research can help you and your team:
To schedule an in-person meeting or conference call regarding the ongoing analysis in this report series or Strategic Insight’s perspectives on fund distribution and overall industry trends, contact:
Dennis Bowden at Strategic Insight
email@example.com | 212-217-6895
Some of the key highlights from the new Q4’09 report include:
- Global Fixed Income was the fastest growing investment style via both commission-based and wrap platforms during Q4’09. More broadly, five of the top-10 fastest growing styles in Q4 via commission-based platforms were non-US focused, as well as four of the top-10 within wraps.
- Bond funds continued to make up a significant majority of new sales via commission-based platforms in Q4’09, accounting for over two-thirds of new sales via this platform type during Q4. And our report explains why we expect bond funds to continue to sell strongly in 2010.
- International/Global Equity funds increased their overall proportional sales via each platform structure during Q4’09, including 48% of gross equity fund sales on commission-based platforms.
For further insight and examples of the ongoing content and analysis in this quarterly report series, click here to download the full Q1 2009 report as a free sample:
If your firm is not yet subscribing to this valuable quarterly analysis, you can learn more about subscription options or request additional information by contacting:
Dan Weinerman at Strategic Insight